- Search terms are not case sensitive and accents/special characters are not required: entering "etang de berre" will find "Étang de Berre"
- Use double quotes to search for exact phrases like "due diligence"
- Use the asterisk (*) as a wild-card symbol only at the end of a term: environment* will find environment, environmental and environmentally
- Terms are optional by default: Malta birds will find cases containing one or both of these terms
- Use a plus-sign (+) to make terms required, for example +Malta +birds: the results will contain both Malta and birds
- Use a minus-sign (-) to exclude certain results, for example Malta -birds: the results will contain Malta but not birds
- In the field "Court(s)", CJEU includes ECJ, General Court, Court of First Instance etc., WTO includes both Panels and Appellate Body.